Would you rather have a plug in hybrid or an electric vehicle right now?

Personally I would want a plug in hybrid over a totally electric vehicle. I don’t trust EV’s yet and would worry about how much distance they could travel, how much power they could produce, and the life duration of the batteries. I still like the idea of having gas power as a back up if the electric power of the vehicle fails.

I agree, as of right now, I’d rather have a plug-in hybrid as opposed to a true EV. I don’t think the technology is exactly where it needs to be for the EVs to be totally reliable. But say 10 or 15 years down the road, I’m thinking that EVs will be the better way to go.

I would prefer to have a plug in hybrid right now.  Since there really is not an infrastructure to support electric vehicles entirely, I would like to have the option of using gas as well.  In the future though, I’d chose an electric vehicle.