Will we ever get to a point where all campuses can be powered by renewable energy?

I think that it is possible right now to partially power campuses with renewable energy, but it will take several years of more research and development to make campuses self-sufficient. Right now, it would be possible to install solar panels on all buildings and generate enough for most of the electricity needs, but I think dorms use way more energy than would be able to be supplied by solar panel technology that exists right now. Wind is not a great option because only the large turbines are very efficient at converting to electricity, but it would be possible to supplement the solar panels. This is all assuming the campus is in an area that isn’t too cloudy all year round.

I think in a few years, smaller scale wind energy will be available, like things like in this article about ridgeblade microsystem.