Will tighter emissions regulations cause anybody in affected industries to lose their jobs?

Probably not, unless a whole company is put out of business due to not following regulation. I would think that it’d create more jobs within a company, say, like an emission monitor manager, or some such thing. If I were in charge of a company, I would add in jobs like that and offer them first to anyone who’d been booted because of emission laws. 

Actually yes, they might.  For example if a coal plant is shut down because it doesn’t comply with EPA regulations, workers in the plant would likely be laid off.  But if they can be re-trained in a cleaner type of energy or technology, they could be put back to work.  There will likely be many new jobs created in the solar and wind industries for example, as well as new jobs in proper home installation that confers energy savings.