Will or ornamental pumpkins save until next thanksgiving?

One of the best ways to preserve food ornaments is to let the food completely dry out. This can be done by either leaving it in the oven for an extended period of time or by just laying it out on a flat surface and letting the air dry it out. After it is completely dried, you can also paint the food ornament with a coat of varnish or clear lacquer and let it dry for at least another 24 hours.

Since all pumpkins are edible, I would recommend eating them rather than trying to save them for a whole year. I find that most pumpkins last a few months before they go bad as long as the skin is not broken. You might try using your pumpkins for your Christmas celebration. Here is a link to my article on how to prepare pumpkins. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask 🙂