Will making the gas and break one pedal make your car any more efficient?

I’m no expert, but the accelerator and the brake pedals rely on totally different technologies that make the car go and stop. When you push on the accelerator, it triggers the combustion of fuel which occurs in the engine of a car. Pushing on the brake pedal affects a different system in the car which makes its tires stop.

Even if the technologies for the two systems could be combined into one pedal, it still does not change the amount or kind of fuel that it would take to run the car. When talking about efficiency, it refers to how far your car can go on a given amount of fuel. That’s why cars with a higher mile per gallon (MPG) are called more efficient cars–because they can go farther on the same amount of fuel.

I hope this makes sense!