Will the government give me money if I choose to have a solar power energy system installed in my home?

Yes, and no, but really yes.  The federal government has a 30% tax credit, so while they are not exactly writing you a check, you will get to reduce your taxable income by 30% of the cost of the system.  There are also some other states that have incentive programs, check out what your state has.  Here is a great article about how installing solar panels can be affordable this year.

Government tax credits and rebates are available for the installation of home solar systems.  The amount of these credits and rebates vary state and state and are also available at the federal level.  Often you will have to pay the upfront cost of the solar panel materials and installation, but will get the money back in the form of a refund or tax credit.  As an example, a California home owner installing a new solar system costing about 25,000$ would get a rebate of about 10,000$ after combined federal and state tax credits.  A benefit of an installed solar energy system is that some power companies will actually give you money for putting energy back into the electric grid.