Will electric cars have a gas light that tells them when they are running out of juice?

Yes, electric cars do/will certainly have a “gas” gauge that will tell how much power they have in them.  It will be similar to the traditional gas guage in which it tells you when you are fully charged and when you are running low, along with an estimation of how many miles you can drive.  However, I think it will be difficult for people to adjust to the system because at this point we are used to driving until we run low on gas and then find a gas station.  There are far fewer places where people can “fuel up” with electric vehicles and I like the article think that there are going to be a lot of people who get stranded on the road because their battery dies in the middle of a trip.