Will driving against strong winds result in worse gas mileage?

My boyfriend says that I’m silly and that it won’t but I figured the resistance and my car having to work harder would cause poor gas mileage. Someone help!

Well, you’re both right, technically. Wind drag doesn’t really reduce your gas mileage if you’re driving under 45mph. However, at speeds of 50mph and higher, the effect becomes measurable. So there, you two are tied.

Any time your car is not driving under optimal conditions gas mileage goes down.  Conditions such as drag due to wind, low tire pressure, added weight in the vehicle will lower the vehicles gas mileage.  As stated above whether those conditions will be significant or noticeable is a different story.  I would say its a tie, but you do have an argument for being right.