Will deer urine in the stream I am drinking from make me sick?

Stream water is non-potable, meaning you can get sick if you drink it. You should really only drink from a stream in a dangerous situation, such as if you are stranded in the wilderness. You generally boil water from a stream to make it potable, though. However, you should read some wilderness survival guides and/or talk to your local park or wilderness expert before taking a risky action like that!

However, when was in Wyoming as a teen, I remember drinking from a stream that we were told was clean. I didn’t get sick, but perhaps this was just a particular stream that was kept clean.

Streams are natural waterways that can contain many contaminants that could make the water unsafe for human consumption. In terms of deer urine, there has been a case where a hunter got brucellosis from using deer urine. In this case it was a hunter that was using deer urine to attract other deer. If you have taken a drink from a stream and are feeling any unusual pains, irritations, or any other side effects you should seek medical attention to ensure your health.