Why is LED technology better?



  1. 0 Votes

    LED technology is better for the environment because it does not contain mercury or heavy metals, so LED lights that have been disposed of will not pollute landfills with hazardous waste. LED technology lasts longer than conventional light sources- current white LED lamps have a lifespan of 100,000 hours, which other light sources have average lifespans of 5,000 hours. LED lights convert 80% of electrical energy into light energy, while the other 20% is lost as heat energy.

  2. 0 Votes

    Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are also valuable for their versatility in emitting nearly all spectrums of light. Far different from the dim LEDs you would have found in a laboratory 50 years ago, today’s LEDs are a worthy primary light source for homes and businesses. And the innovation continues in the field of LED technology (also known as Solid State Lighting) with 10 watt bulbs that provide 50,000 hours of light. 

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!