Why do you think some countries waste so much more than others?

This can happen for a few reasons.  Some countries simply lack the infrastructure to properly deal with waste and recyclables.  Other countries have a different problem, in that, they consume far too much and can’t deal with how much stuff and waste they accumulate.  The latter problem, I believe, would contribute to more industrialized countries that have significant problems with waste.

America has a huge problem with waste. Nearly 50% of the things we throw away could be composted. Personally, I think the reason the U.S. wastes so much is because people don’t care as much as they should or are not educated on the subject. The average person doesn’t understand the cause and effect of landfills, and the benefits of recycling and composting.