Why do you think that Americans don’t ride their bikes to work?

There can be many reasons. I think one reason is that the distance from home to work can vary depending on one’s home. People can live greater than 20 miles from work. That in itself is at least an hour to an hour and half commute one way. Another reason is that it is culture based. I think we rush everyday activities because we are reliant on cars to get us where we need to be and fast. Another reason is that U.S. cities are not bike-commuter friendly, for the most part. We have metropolitan cities where automobiles still dominate, compared to nations such as China and some European countries where biking is publicly encouraged. That is just my opinion. I bike a lot, so it’s from a cyclist perspective as well.