Why do you buy organic?

My reason for purchasing organic options whenever possible is two fold. First is sort of a selfish reason and that is I feel better about my food, personal care products and fabrics if they have been exposed to toxins as little as possible. It makes good sense to avoid brining poisons into your living space. Secondly organic products leave less toxic residue in the environment then their conventional equivalents and therefore are better not just for myself but for the rest of the world as well. To me that is worth the little extra money. The true costs of conventional products are hidden in the costs to society in toxin clean up and health care just to name a few.

I believe in organics because they are better for the body and better for the environment. What I don’t grow myself, I purchase locally at the farmer’s market, who tell me exactly what is used and how everything is grown. I also think organic food tastes better.