Why do LED bulbs last so long?



  1. 0 Votes

    LED lights are very small and compact.  This means they are less vulnerable to any sort of vibration or impact that may damage the bulb.  They are efficient because they require less energy than other light sources.  However, you should be aware of the fact that this may mean that in some situations, they may not be a powerful enough light source.

  2. 0 Votes

    The average lifespan of a LED lamp is approximately 100,000 hours.  They last so much longer than regular light bulbs because the LED circuit operates on 80% efficiency, while the incandescent light bulb runs on 20% efficiency, where the other 80% is lost as heat energy rather than light energy.  With the increase in development of LED technology, there have been progress in being able to provide LED lights available for home and consumer use.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!