why do green jobs make less money than their non green couterparts?

I am not sure that green jobs always make less than their non-green counterparts.  It could be that some pay less, say for example someone who installs windows that are not constructed for heat conservation may make more than someone who installs greener windows, and this difference may be in the cost of the construction of the windows themselves.  To keep the greener window installation prices competitive with the non-green windows, perhaps the installers take a bit of a pay cut.  I would argue though, this is highly dependent on the job, and the city in which they work. Care should be taken when comparing different salaries for different green jobs to look at the training and skill level involved and the city in which the work is being performed.