Cats get hairballs because they swallow hair when they clean themselves, and the quantity is large enough that they are unable to digest it, so it just gathers in a ball inside them until they throw it up. To prevent hairballs, brush your cat frequently and feed it supplements that help it break down hairballs inside their body.
A hairball is simply a wad of ingested wet hair that gets stuck in the cats digestive track. Usually the hairball is more oval shaped to ball shaped which is then coughed up by a cat after a cat ingest to much hair. A cat ingests the wet hair while grooming and cleaning themselves, in the process they swallow hair, a hairball is the result of too much hair being swallowed.
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC