Why did the release of the BP oil spill presidential commission report cause BP’s stock price to rise?

While I am absolutely no expert, so take my answer with a grain of salt, it seems that BP’s stocks had hit an all-time low in the throws of the Deepwater Horizon spill, so any attempt at company transparency would increase shareholder confidence and potentially inspire new investment.  There have also been talks of a merger with Netherlands based company Royal Dutch, who have been managing an impressive financial turnaround since their messy reserve write-down in 2004.  If they can somehow work their recovery magic on the wounded European gas giant, that would be great news for stockholders and shareholders alike.