Why can’t dogs eat chocolate?



  1. 0 Votes

    The truth is chocolate contains theobromine that is toxic to dogs in sufficient quantities. A naturally occurring stimulant found in the cocoa bean, theobromine increases urination and affects the central nervous system as well as heart muscle. While amounts vary by type of chocolate, it’s the theobromine that is poisonous to dogs.

  2. 0 Votes

    Dogs cannot eat chocolate because it contains theobromine, a stimulant. Dogs aren’t able to metabolize theobromine as effectively as humans, this leads to it building up in their body to toxic levels. The smaller the dog, the easier it is to overdose on theobromine.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!