The reason for not using metal utensils on Teflon coated pots and pans is because they can scratch the coating and flake it into your food. Not to mention it is ruining the coating in the pan. Teflon contains fluorinated polyurethane, acrylic copolymer, and Hexylene glycol.
Teflon Ingestion may cause nonspecific discomfort, such as nausea,headache, or weakness, heartburn, vomiting, or diarrhea.Ingestion of Hexylene glycol may cause temporary nervous system depression with anaesthetic effects such as dizziness, headache, confusion, incoordination, and loss of consciousness.
As well as scratching the pan, avoid heating it above 500 degrees and avoid heating an emoty pan, as these can possibly cause toxic gases to come from the pans. If you want to avoid teflon pans altogether, enamel-coated cast iron and cast iron came the closest to nonstick pans, although both should probably be used with at least some oil
Click here to cancel reply.
Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!
Don't have an account? Click Here to Signup
© Copyright GreenAnswers.com LLC