Why are solar panels so expensive?

It requires a lot of energy and money to harvest the material and manufacture the material into solar panels. This is why it takes years to begin gaining financial benefits for investing in solar power. I found this study below that discuss the upfront costs of solar panels. It was written over a decade ago, so I think technological improvements have lower the upfront costs and improve the efficiency of photovoltiac cells. 

Solar panels are actually becoming less expensive as the technology improves. The more research we put into them, the less they will cost to manufacture. The same can be said of other technologies we use today. Remember when desktop computers were $3,000 and had less than 1/10 of the RAM of today’s $200 smart phones? With more research, solar panels will become affordable for everyone!

I think solar panel is not expensive anymore..Solar panel now is relevan to anybody who want to save electricity at home..If you want to know more about how to save electricity with solar panel join me and visit this site:

i hope you will get more information with this site