Why are shellfish more dangerous to eat than other fish?



  1. 0 Votes

    One reason oysters, clams, scallops and other shellfish can be dangerous to eat is because red tide algal bloom toxins are stored in their tissues. Neurotoxic shellfish poisoning from affected shellfish can make you seriously ill, even months after a red tide has been declared. Algae that causes red tide are naturally occurring, but their frequency and intensity increase as the ocean warms due to climate change.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!