Why are Omega 3’s so good for brain function?

I’m not sure precisely how they interact with our brain cells, but I do know that having a balanced diet with a variety of nutrients is important. Most of the things we read about health are actually intended to help us achieve a healthy balance. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, and not enough of a so-called bad thing can lead to problems as well… unless we’re talking about a man-made chemical that our bodies did not evolve to accommodate. Anyway, here is an article where you can take a look at the chemical structure of Omega-3 and read more about it.

Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the brain because they support synaptic plasticity and they also seem to have a positive effect on the expression of molecules related to learning and memory.