Why are nut allergies so dangerous?



  1. 0 Votes

    About 3 million people in the world are allergic to peanuts or tree nuts, such as walnuts. While preventing an allergic reaction may seem as simple as not eating them, it is far more dangerous than that. For instance, allergic reactions – sometimes fatal – can be sparked just from peanut butter or nut residue alone. For instance, one boy died from eating a bologna sandwich that had been cut with the same knife used to cut a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, even though the knife had been wiped clean. Kissing can also be extremely dangerous to those with tree nut or peanut allergies. If a person with the food allergy kisses someone who has been eating peanuts, peanut butter, or nuts, the effects could be life-threatening. Another problem is that these types of allergens are very common, for they’re used in many foods and can be found in most kitchens. It’s difficult to avoid such a life-threatening allergen.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!