Why are my chickens not laying eggs?

Your chickens may not be laying eggs for a variety of reasons. Some possible reasons are that they are not the right sex, age, or that they have not been trained to roost.  

These three reasons may seem basic but sometimes, when you have purchased your chicks from a source that does not correctly “sex” the chicks, you may end up with a male. Hens also lay the most eggs during the first two to three years of their lives, so be aware that if you do in fact have hens, they may be beyond the laying age. Last, when you are looking to have egg-laying hens, it is important that they are trained to roost correctly. 

I hope this is helpful. Most of the information above was gathered from the summer edition of Urban Farm magazine. You may want to check out this as well: