Why are incandescent light bulbs so inefficient?



  1. 0 Votes

    Incandescent light bulbs are inefficient because they use up more energy and produce more mercury emissions than the average CFL light bulb. The more efficient, Compact fluorescent light bulbs, may cost more but in the end, they turn out as great investments. CFLs don’t only last longer, they yield lower energy costs and use up less energy than incandescent bulbs. On the other hand, traditional incandescent light bulbs “use only 10 percent of their energy to produce light, burning off the rest as heat. They’ve wasted 90 percent of the electricity people have been feeding them for the past 130 years — electricity that was mainly generated from coal and other fossil fuels.”

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!