Why are all Lefties hippies?

I think the real question is why can’t conservatives conserve natural resources? I’m not entirely sure what you mean by hippies, though. Are you referring to style of dress, drug use, attitudes towards sex, or all of the above? If you are referring to all of the above, I think that you would be hard-pressed to find a real hippie in modern society. I certainly don’t fit that mold even though I consider myself a leftist.

The answer may lie in brain function. Conservatives are known for having more amygdala activity (fear) than liberals. Fear is an important mechanism for our survival, but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Fear can cause people to reject science out of a belief that God will provide everything for us and save our planet. Personally, I believe in God and I think that He gave us the gift of intelligence for a reason. If we ignored science completely, that would be like rejecting His gift to us (akin to committing suicide). For the same reason, we must treasure and care for the planet He gave us.