Who was the first “green” company in America? Is it still around?

I am not sure exactly what you mean by a green company. Do you mean a company that produces green products, or one that reduces waste, and uses as much renewable energy as possible? I am not sure if there is one that is the first, and if there were, it probably was before all of the green hype that is floating around today. Below though, Newsweek has put together a list of the top 500 greenest companies. Atop the list is HP, followed by Dell. Johnson and Johnson ranks 3rd, and I know that they have had efficiency on the mind for quite some time, for Frank Lloyd Wright designed the wax building to increase efficiency in the workplace and in energy consumption. This was over 60 years ago. So again, I am not sure what you mean by green companies, for there have been a lot of companies in the past that have tried to make their buildings more efficient and therefore “green” before the term was so widely used. For more information as to what companies are on the list, and why they are ranked so high, visit the link below.