Who is the most recognizable environmental figure?

Though this is definitely a matter up for debate, I’d have to say Al Gore.  Reason being: he has used his political position to raise awareness of environmental issues in a way no other president has.  His film, An Inconvenient Truth has provided many people across the globe with a real, comprehensive understanding of our environmental situation.

That is very much a matter of opinion, so I hope you get a lot of responses on here! I couldn’t think of any off the top of my head so I googled it and found a list of famous environmentalists and here are what I thought were the biggest names that popped up: Al Gore, Theodore Roosevelt, and Steve Irwin. Everyone other than that was someone I didn’t recognize or who is not known for environmentalist work (at least in my opinion). Hope this helps a little bit!