who is the greatest singer of all time in history of music?

2

Answers

This is a very difficult question, but one that sparks lots of lively debate. According to the Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Singers Of All Time List, the best ever is Aretha Franklin. She is followed by Ray Charles and the King, Elvis Presley. While any of these choices would be hard to argue with, many consider Freddie Mercury to be the all-time best due to his range and versatility. Since this question is incredibly subjective I will throw my opinion in the mix. Robert Plant is my pick. His creative and incredibly powerful usage of his voice is something that will forever stand through time.   

Technically, the “best” singer of all time almost MUST be an opera singer.  “Best” does not mean “favorite” or “makes the most money.”

The most widely agreed upon technician of voice, among those in the know, is Maria Callas.  Most people wouldn’t argue if someone said she was the best opera singer of all time.

I found a source that says Luciano Pavorotti is the best, but really, he’s just the most popular opera singer.  Opera singers, like myself, would not say he is the best singer.

This question is impossible to answer, though.  Everyone’s definition of “best” is different and everyone has different opinions.