who gives permits for mountain top removal mining?



  1. 0 Votes

    The Army Corps of Engineers is the government agency responsible for issuing permits for mountaintop removal mining projects. The EPA, however, maintains oversight authority, and with the recent change in presidential administrations has begun to exercise that authority more fully by holding up more than 70 active permit applications for review–a practice unheard of during the George W. Bush administration.

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!