Who do you think is an eco minded director?

There are numerous environmental-minded directors working on films, particularly in documentary films.  I have attached a link below to the film Home, directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand.  It is beautiful, free to watch on-line, and one the most comprehensive films about the plight of our earth and what can be done to try and conserve, rehabilitate, and preserve our Home.

blah blah blah blah

For environmentally conscious films, any recommendation without Hayao Miyazaki’s name is incomplete. Miyazaki is often referred to as Japan’s Walt Disney. He directs Japanese anime films for Studio Ghibli. 

Though his films are animated and often directed at children, they almost always contain environmental themes and eco-friendly messages. For example, his film Princess Mononoke features a struggle between the forest spirits who thrive in the lush, beautiful, and unharmed natural world and the human beings who rapidly diminish the forest’s resources for their own good, neglecting the health of the forest and its spirits. 

Other good films to check out are Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, and Miyazaki’s newest release Ponyo

My first director whom came to mind was Hayao Miyazaki. He truly is a wonderful film director who’s movies have a environmental message imbedded in them. However, seeing as someone mentioned him already I would like to mention Patrick Rouxel. He recently directed a film about a dying orangutan called Green. It calls to attention how the rapid decline of Indonesia’s rainforest is affecting wildlife, while focusing on the orangutans.