Who created solar energy?

This could be a very controversial question, depending on how people look at it. For example, I would say the omnipotent being of God created solar energy, which comes from the Sun (which He created) but others may have completely different answers.

Perhaps you were asking about the first person who thought about harnessing sunlight to produce usable energy? Even way back in the past, Europeans used sunlight in place of artificial light or candles during the day in great architectural buildings that used sunlight to beam the entire area inside the buildings. Even in recent past, humans have been using solar panels for a very long time! I remember about 10 years or so ago my father used a solar panel to heat up our swimming pool!