Who are the top 10 nations in battery recycling in terms of volumes?

2

Answers

There are several nations in the EU that have good battery recycling programs in response to a 2006 Battery Directive which states that 25% of the EUs used batteries must be collected by 2012 and 45% by 2016.  Of the batteries collected, at least 50% of them must be recycled.  Data from 2002 shows Belgium, Sweden, Austria and Germany as the EUs top battery recyclers.  I’m not sure if I can give you a comprehensive Top 10 list, but hopefully this bit of data can help jumpstart any further research you may wish to do.

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding to my question. It surprised me how scarce the static is for battery recycling. I came across the same table on wikipedia and another powerpoint slide computed by EBRA which was from 2007 (super outdated) with France, Germany and the Netherlands top of the list. But these are all EU’s information, I guess there must be data somewhere that compare North America, Europe and other regions rate, I just have not found it yet. Thank you so much though!