Which state has the least green jobs?

“Green jobs” are kind of hard to define. Do you include only the lower skilled installation and maintenance jobs, or do you include higher skilled positions entailing environmental analysis and so forth? Getting a handle on the number of green jobs anywhere is kind of tough. Nevertheless, it’s probably safe to say Alaska has the fewest green jobs. They have the fewest people of any state, and their strong conservative bent might also hinder green job creation.

Good response from dash. I don’t think there are ny stats on that. However, if it helps the top three least green states are: (1) Ohio (2) Indiana (3) West Virginia. I would assume Ohio doesn’t have many green jobs available as alternative energy only accounts for 0.7%.