Which state has the cheapest cost of living?

My guess would be that New Hampshire ranks pretty high on “America’s cheapest states to live” list. This state has no sales or income taxes!. Manchester-Nashua, a major metro area in NH is well-known for its low cost of living and affordable housing. The city offers a great combo of safety, employment opportunity, and overall quality of life. In fact, Manchester-Nashua has become a “haven” for those that want to get away from expensive living (Forbes, 2011).

Essentially most states that tax heavily have higher costs of living due to gentrification or cannot attract businesses (with the exception of states like NY and CA). The new england area boasts low costs of lving because of low population density and lax tax codes. The south also has some low costs of living because of low tax rates as well and attract businesses for low corporate taxes. States to look at would be Tennessee and New Hampshire as noted by nellieliz. I provide a rather accurate CoL calulator in my citation list below.