Which kinds of antiques tend to have the most harmful toxins and chemicals?



  1. 0 Votes

    Antique clocks, mirrors and lamps can have liquid mercury in them, which when released into the air and inhaled is a neuro-toxin (causing shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea and high blood pressure). It can even lead to more severe long term damage if inhaled too often. 

    Pressed wood and permanent press fabrics contain Formaldehyde, which is a human carcinogen, and has been associated with some cancers, as well as more immediate reactions like irritation of the eye, allergies, skin irritation and asthma as well as other respiratory problems.  

Please signup or login to answer this question.

Sorry,At this time user registration is disabled. We will open registration soon!