Which insect are you most afraid of?

Whether you’re afraid of spiders or not, most people know to stay away from the Black Widow. It is considered the most venomous spider in North America. Its venom is 15 times as toxic as the venom of the prairie rattlesnake. Although it’s rare for humans to die from the Black Widow’s venom, early treatment is important. Symptoms from a Black Widow bite include abdominal pain, muscle cramping, headache, rash/itching, eyelid swelling, weakness, nausea/vomiting, Chest pain (similar to a heart attack), high blood pressure, and respiratory difficulties.

I’m not necessarily afraid, but I guess I do show a fear reaction, when an insect buzzes near my ear. I absolutely hate it and it creeps me out to no end. I have to shoo the insect away immediately when it happens.

If you are afraid of other insects other than ‘agbisi’, you attempt having a sting from it to know the difference. This is a tiny black insect that stings one lying on a mat usually on a cemented floor. If it finds its way into one’s clothes and one tries to turn probably while sleeping, it stings in the course of trying to free itself. The common name is unkown to me.