Which country, U.S.A or Canada has the most stringent grocery food laws?

2

Answers

The US and Canada each have different laws. It is difficult to say which set of laws is more stringent because in some cases, we don’t know which things they banned are more harmful. A good example of this is the use of artificial sweeteners. Canada banned saccharin, but not cyclamate. However, the US banned cyclamate, but not saccharin. Since there are no conclusive studies on which substance is more dangerous, we don’t know which country was correct.

happyhodges, thank you for the answer. I figured it was something like that. I have a Canadian friend who says that shopping both sides of the border she believes Canada is tighter especially on things such as meats. What I researched found only small differences. Again, thank you for the response.