Where in New Orleans (or the Westbank) can I recycle magazines, catalogs, plastics and glass?

On Saturday mornings until 1PM, you can recycle paper, cardboard and plastic bottles at:

Republic Services/Allied Waste
    804 L & A Road
    Metairie, LA
    504- 837-8950

The Green Project will also recycle newspaper, regular paper (plain and colored), aluminum cans and household e-waste. This is from 9-5 every day.

2831 Marais St.

As for glass, the Target stores in Metairie and Harvey are accepting brown, green and clear glass.

The website below will also help you figure out where to recycle all sorts of materials in the New Orleans area.

Thank you for your quick reply. It was very helpful. However, I still need to find a place that accepts catalogs and magazines. Perhaps Tulane.edu can supply an answer to that one. I am very happy that I discovered your site. It is great! You are doing a great service to our community. anon 39396