Where can we see the affects of global warming the most?

I’d say that the loss of sea ice in the Arctic is the strongest, clearest evidence of global warming. Despite all other uncertainties about climate change, it’s obvious that more ice is melting faster in summer and less ice is freezing every winter in the Arctic. We’re losing sea ice every year to increased temperatures, and some predictions place the complete loss of Arctic sea ice inside the next century.

I’m not sure if it’s the most prominent sign of change, but the warming of the climate is visible in these Himalayan mountaintops. The top image is from the 1950’s, while the bottom is from 2007. During that time, part of the Imja galcier had melted to form Imja lake, which continues to grow in size.