Where can I get real yams in the East San Francisco Bay Area?

Most “yams” sold in stores are actually sweet potatoes. I’m looking for real yams like the kind they use in Uganda because my family wants to make African food for Christmas.

If you are making African food for Christmas and are having a hard time finding the right ingredients, you can visit an actual African market in your area. I don’t know about there, but here in Phoenix we have Asian markets, Indian markets, and Hispanic markets where you can get real authentic native ingredients. If you don’t have an African market another idea would be to visit an African restaurant in the area and find out where they get their real yams from. I was able to find a list of authentic African restaurants in your area, I hope this helps you.