where can I get free cardboard boxes to move?

Most grocery stores and drug stores have boxes in their recycling which you can take. They may also have some boxes waiting for recycling, and if you go into a store and ask for extra boxes they might give them to you. The last time I needed to move I went to a grocery store and asked, everyone was very nice and gave me more boxes than I needed!

Free Cardboard Boxes.com is a website where users can give or receive free cardboard boxes. Basically, you get in contact with the user who posts an ad and then arrange a convenient means of pickup. Here is another website that offers the same king of thing: http://www.freecycle.org.

I got a tip from my moving company.  They said to call the local Vodka distillery for free boxes.  I called, and they said yes stop by anytime during business hours.  This is a good example of calling local manufacturing businesses.  Almost any manufacturing facility will have boxes to give away.