Where can I find some good vegan recipes?

7

Answers

To view some vegan recipes voted as the best or favorite, visit the links below.

I’ve posted links below to a couple of sites devoted to vegan recipes and cooking tips. In addition, if you check out a local bookstore, they will likely have a cooking section with at least a couple vegan cookbooks. It might be worthwhile to check a public library too, in the Dewey Decimal system around 640.

Here are two more great sites with a variety of recipes and frequent updates.

Check out anything by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Sarah Kramer.  The former is the founder of the Post Punk Kitchen with Terry Hope Romero, and their recipes are gourmet and absolutely delicious.  Books by the PPK include Veganomicon, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World and Vegan With A Vengeance.  Sarah Kramer has written a series of great cookbooks called How It All Vegan, The Garden of Vegan and La Dolce Vegan.  These recipes are more versatile and “everyday”, but equally delicious.

Though there are many great vegan recipes to be found on the web, two chefs I have personally fallen in love with are Tal Ronnen and Tanya Petrovna.  Both have great cookbooks out with pictures, full instructions, plus extras to help you if you’re just beginning your vegan journey.  I’d check them out if you really want to get serious about expanding your vegan cooking knowledge base.  

Tal Ronnen – The Conscious Chef

Tanya Petrovna – Native Foods

Happy Conscious Cooking!

It seems that almost every website has a vegan section.  Of course, some are better than others.  On the International Vegetarian Union’s site, there are thousands of vegan recipes from around the world.  I personally like this page because it gives vegans a lot more options and freedom.  Another good site is Fatfree Vegan Recipes.  There are hundreds of recipes that meet certain low-fat requirements set by the site.

If you’re looking to lose weight, a great vegan website is: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/. The blogger doesn’t use oils/fats when cooking. I often go to her website when I feel like I need to get back to healthy eating.