Where are some places city governments could put solar panels?

I was living in Orlando and the city and county governments got together to launch a one-megawatt rooftop solar panel array on the Orange County Civic Center. I think most large cities have similar structures that might have similar potential for solar installations. The article below goes more in depth about the different partnerships that went into bringing this project to completion.

2. emc

In Austin, Texas, the city combined art with green energy.  On the outskirts of a shopping center, Austin installed 15 solar sunflowers.  These panels soak up energy during the day and provide light at night for people traveling on the sidewalk below.  Any extra energy that the sunflowers gather is put into the city’s grid.

solar sunflowers