Where all in the United States is the Nissan Leaf going to be available?

The Nissan Leaf will be available nationally beginning at the end of this year.  Currently, the company is taking reservations for the first cars available in the United States.  Also, beginning in 2012, Nissan will start operation of a Nissan Leaf factory in Tennessee so Americans will be able to drive domestically made electric cars.  After the factory is open, any Nissan dealership in the U.S. should have Nissan Leafs available.

I live in California, and I have already seen a few Nissan Leaves on the road. There was a small green festival in my town, and a bunch of people who owned electric cars came to show them off. There was also a representative from Mitsubishi offering test drives for their electric car. Anyway, if you would like to check the availability of various electric vehicles in your state, the EPA car finder is a good place to look 🙂

The 2012 Nissan Leaf is currently avaiable in Colorado, New Hampshire, New York, Connecticut, Massachusettes, New Jersey, Delaware, Indiana, Ohio, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, and Nevada.  As opposed to the 2011 Leaf, the 2012 comes with a cold-weather package which warms the battery as well as the seats and steering wheel.