When should you harvest the seed from a Bald Cypress tree for planting in the fall?

You can harvest the seeds as soon as they are very easy to pull off of the tree.  It’s a pretty complicated process to take care of the seeds, and I have a link below that gives you the step by step process.  It will take about 90 days before your seeds are ready to be planted, so I recommend getting to work soon if you want to plant in the fall!

My parents  have bald cypress tree that has green seeds on them now at end of July. And I want to plant seedlings around my pond. But I don’t know how long to wait to pick them are steps to take to get them to start sprouting I live in north Louisiana can anyone help me with a few suggestions ????