What is your take on the issue with prostitutes at the Climate Summit in Copenhagen?

*All of the following is personal opinion, not fact*

It seems improper that a city government encourage visitors not to use a service that is legal under the laws of their country; the government was discriminating against prostitutes by telling delegates not to hire them. Although I’m not a huge fan of prostitution in general, I feel that any legal business should be able to do their job without government harrassment.

On the other hand, I think that if a delegate planned on employing a prostitute, a little postcard from a Copenhagen official would be unlikely to change his or her mind. It was a clever counterattack but a shame that the service had to be offered for free.