What is your personal opinion about BP before the spill and after the spill?

6

Answers

I honestly didn’t have much of an opinion of BP before the spill.  I knew they were an oil/gas company which makes me skeptical from the getgo, but I felt pretty neutral about their company.  After the spill, though, I couldn’t have a worse opinion about any business.  They had over 700 egregious environmental violations in only one year, while Exxon Mobil had less than 10.  This is just outrageous, and BP should forever pay for the damage they caused to the Gulf.  

I once respected BP as one of the first oil companies to make meaningful investments in cleaner technologies. I mentioned that to a professor once, saying that I trusted them more than any other oil company and he laughed. “I don’t know if I would use the word trust about any oil company.” How right he was. Come to find out that BP has had more violations than other companies.

I’ve never really been a fan of giant corporations, especially oil companies, but I had not specific opinions about BP. Now, after the spill and because of all the terrible facts about BP’s lack of disaster planning that have been revealed, I am completely disgusted with the entity that is BP (and, to be honest, the rest of the oil industry). It takes a lot of arrogance to never update your disaster or safety plans, and a lot of greed.

WHERES THE OIL ? THE SPRAYED IT IT WENT TO THE BOTTOM AND WILL RUN TO THE TRENCH THAT LEEDS TO THE FLORIDA STRAIGHTS WHEN THEY SPRAY IT IT IS HEAVER THAN THE WATER SO IT RUNS DOWN HILL THAT IS THE PLAN ALL ALONG AND THE GOVERMENT WE HAVE WILL LET IT GO BY AND TIE IT UP IN SOME COURT SOMETIME LATER .

There’s so much money in oil, I don’t know why anyone would get into the business side of oil other than to become filthy rich. So really, my opinion of any oil company is not high. Some of the other big oil companies derided BP after the spill for neglecting its numerous signs of danger on Deepwater Horizon, but you can bet those same companies would cut the same corners to make more money. Oil is not a humanitarian industry, so don’t expect any oil company to prioritize the safety of its on-site workers ahead of the over-under of its quarterly financial reports.

Before the oil spill, British Petroleum started marketing themselves as ‘Beyond Petroleum’. However, this current disaster is a reminder that they are not beyond petroleum and are attempting to gain popularity points with green washing.