What is your favorite season?

My favorite season is autumn for a number of reasons. Mostly, I like the change of the season in general no matter which change it is, but autumn is extra special. I really like the rain and dressing warmly in it. I love the colors that come alive as the leaves are changing. It also indicates the holiday season is just around the corner as well.

CBS news correspondent Andy Rooney commented on the seasons in an October 2007 “60 Minutes” feature.

Rooney expounded upon the virtues of fall and winter. He also posited: “I think if we had a vote, fall would probably be most people’s favorite season.”

(For the record, this author agrees with Rooney’s position. Fall is his favorite season.)

I’m going to have to go with spring. I do love autumn, but it’s too short and I know what’s just around the corner (I don’t enjoy cold winter) so that makes me anxious.
    Spring is such a relief when the sunny, 50 degree days finally arrive and the earth starts waking up. You can go outside without bundling up, and breath warm, moist air.
    I guess it depends on where you live and whether or not you really enjoy snow.

I love the sun and doing outdoor activities, especially at the beach. That’s why I look forward to summer all year long. It just always reminds me of days off from school and enjoying beautiful weather and taking vacations. Plus, I love to go swimming and summer is the only time it’s warm enough. I also love summer grilling and sipping cold drinks as well as long days and warm nights.

I really love summer because I spend it in California and get to enjoy the beaches and warm weather.  I go to school in Chicago though, and when I am there, autumn is by far my favorite season.  The city looks gorgeous during that time of year and I love just taking walks and enjoying the weather before it gets too cold to do so.

Summer! I love warm weather and being outside in the sun. This is the time I enjoy being in nature most, when its warm enough to sleep outside. I go hiking, camping, and swimming often. I also think most people are happier when its sunny, and kind of thrive off this feeling of everyone’s good spirits. 

One of few things really enjoyable about living in New Jersey is the change of season. A taste of each makes choosing a favorite a bit more difficult than say, if I lived in Southern California where it was summer year round.

But, if I had to pick it would be fall. A time when the heat and crowds of summer are a thing of the past, the air is crisp–not frigid, the beaches are empty, the leaves are changing color, and the ocean is still warm enough to swim. 

I like summer and the shoulder seasons between summer/fall and summer/spring, because I can hike and be outdoors. Sunshine improves people’s attitudes, and I like seeing more people outdoors and more flowers. I also like the warm summer thunderstorms that go with summer. 

My favorite season is tied between spring and summer. I love when the flowers begin to bloom in spring, and when the weather starts becoming warmer. Although allergies are pretty rough in spring, I like the natural beauty that appears. I also like summer because it’s beach season and I love going to the beach. 

Winter is my favorite time of year. I grew up in California, so I never really was exposed to any other type of weather besides hot, hot, hot. I moved out of state and for the first time enjoyed all four seasons. I love the snow falling and the pristine blankets of snow. The frozen lakes and ponds offer hours of skating enjoyment. And after a long day sledding it is great to curl up by the fire with you significant other.

I love winter because it represents the durability of nature.  The ponds freeze over; the sap freezes in the trees; the leaves die … but then it all comes back again in the spring.  It’s beautiful.