What is your favorite rock?

My favorite rock is quartz, it can be found is so many colors and shapes. I have always had an interest in translucent rocks.

I love granite because it has so many purposes.  It also comes in a wide variety of colors and finishes which makes it interesting.  Granite can be found naturally in the wilderness, but is also used domestically in the home.

I love opals! They are a form of silica (related to quartz) a mineraloid form but not a mineral. They seem to sparkle from the inside. 

Turquoise! It is said that turquoise attracts money, success and love. What is there not to like about that? 

My favorite rock is slate. I like its gray color as well as its other colors, and I like how it looks in homes (in flooring, as siding, or on the roof).